The development and promotion of innovative, energy-efficient lighting technology has been the primary objective of Brightline since the company’s founding.
Brightline’s motive in pursuing energy efficiency derives from two core principles:
- That energy-efficient products offer the best economic and technical solutions for our customers, and
- That these products represent the most responsible policy approach on the part of manufacturers to the growing energy demands of society at large and the impact of those demands on the global environment.
Brightline broadcast, videoconference, and color-changing systems are all based on an advanced energy-efficient lamp technology. Together with the company’s superior engineering, this results in very low-wattage, low-amperage products with a host of associated benefits:
- Compared with traditional incandescent broadcast lighting, Brightline fixtures reduce overall electrical requirements by as much as 90% in retrofit applications. This not only saves money on what are often substantial utility expenses, it helps save the planet. For example, even in the less-energy-intensive household setting, it has been calculated that replacing a single incandescent bulb with a compact fluorescent will prevent a half-ton of carbon dioxide from entering the atmosphere over the life of the bulb.
- Heat reduction can also be as high as 90%, resulting in big air-conditioning savings. On-air talent stay cool and looking their best, studio personnel remain comfortable and productive, videoconference participants appear natural and relaxed.
- Energy-efficient fluorescent lamps are rated for 8,000 to 10,000 hours of operation, compared with 100 to 400 hours for typical tungsten-halogen lamps. Studios, videoconference venues, and other facilities can significantly cut their relamping costs and recalibration downtime.
- The purchase of or retrofit to energy-efficient fixtures may qualify for utility incentives or other rebate programs.
- The average payback/ROI for medium-market broadcast studios is less than two years; for studios running 24-hour operations, the payback time drops to less than one year.
To find out the extent to which your facility can benefit from energy-efficient lighting technology, contact Brightline at 1.412.206.0106, ext. 109. By answering a few questions about your current utility rates, electrical consumption, and other operational parameters, you’ll learn precisely how soon you can recoup your investment in energy-efficient Brightline systems.